- This event has passed.
Summers End Celebration
September 1, 2019 @ 10:30 am - 2:00 pmFree
Labor Day Weekend Service Change
There will be no Sunday service, Calvary Kids, or Community Hour held at Calvary Church on Sunday, September 1–including Iglesia Calvario and the African Ministry. Instead, there will be a bilingual service at Weed Park highlighted by baptisms and followed by a potluck luncheon and a variety of activities starting at 10:30am.
- Parking- As a courtesy to neighboring residents, we ask that you do not park in the surrounding neighborhood or on the grass at Weed Park. Instead, we’ve arranged for shuttle service to and from the Muscatine Community College lot from 9:45-11am and again from 1-2:15pm.
- Seating- Due to the number of events going on around the city, picnic seating is extremely limited. Please bring a chair or blanket for your entire family to sit on.
- Food- The main dish will be catered by Guy and a Grill, but it wouldn’t be a potluck without a wide variety of salads and desserts supplied by all of you! Please bring your favorite side dish, salad or dessert to share (don’t lose Grandma’s heirloom ceramic bowl—disposable dishes preferred).
- Comfort Items- We’ve taken great care in planning for all of the elements. We intend for the service to be in the shade, but you may want bug spray and sunscreen for added protection. A handwashing station and additional restrooms will be available to all of our guests. Also, with a dunk tank, cotton candy, and several bounce houses, the kids may need socks and a clean shirt!
- Inclement Weather-In the event of rain, prior to the service, Calvary will post a notification on social media, the Calvary website and via email directing all participants to maintain the 10:30am schedule at the church.